If you’re preparing to install new floors in your home, you have a lot of decisions to make. Those choices will be affected by your construction budget, your design tastes, and many other factors. One decision you’ll face early on: hardwood or laminate installation? Both products have a variety of benefits—and a few potential downfalls.
Here are some things to consider:
- Price: Hardwood generally costs more to purchase and install than laminate.
- Durability: Laminate may better resist scratches, moisture, and other wear and tear.
- Repair: Hardwood can be sanded and refinished, whereas damaged laminate must often be completely replaced.
- Aesthetics: While laminate comes in many styles and colors, hardwood generally adds more beauty and style to a room.
- Home value: Hardwood definitely adds more value over time than laminate installation.
At The Hardwood Guys, we’ll be happy to show you the options available to you, and to discuss the pros and cons in more detail. Give us a call today at (203) 292-1531 to tell us about your flooring project in the greater Fairfield area! Our experienced flooring contractors are on the job of making sure you get exactly what you want and need. We’re committed to your satisfaction.